Our communities are being impacted by climate change, changing land use and aging infrastructure leading to emergencies that happen with more frequency and severity than ever before. Fortunately, Clear Sky Consulting has the experience, knowledge and tools to mitigate, manage and reduce the effects of these hazards, ensuring your community has effective systems in place to minimize potential harm and build resilience.
We want to help build resilience by providing emergency management planning specific to vulnerable communities across Western Canada and fostering professional relationships that exist beyond the submission of a final report. By taking the time to form relationships and collaborate with our clients, we can apply their input to each project so that our proposals and project deliverables directly benefit the communities and emergency managers we work with.
Hazard, Risk and Vulnerability Assessment (HRVA)
The HRVA is intended to inform communities regarding hazards and risks from which they can make risk-based decisions related to identified vulnerabilities. It is a key foundational component of any holistic emergency management program and will include recommendations and solutions for preventing or mitigating hazards; appropriately preparing for, responding to and recovering from disasters and emergencies; and maintaining continuity of organizational operations.
Emergency Management Planning
Experience, empathy, expertise and empowerment all contribute to highly effective, high-functioning project teams that bring significant value to emergency management requirements. Our Emergency Management Planning services approach communities holistically, and tailor recommendations to their specific environment, resources and needs. Plans are customized according to the specific nature of each community or organization, and we work hard to ensure our plans are immediately useful in an emergency.
Areas of support:
- Emergency plan reviews, audits, development and refinement
- Evacuation route planning
- Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) facility and operational development, advisement, audits and enhancement
- Development of EOC operational plans and quick start guides
- Emergency event investigation, research, policy development and recommendations
- Strategic emergency program assessment and guidance
Emergency Response & Recovery Services
Every community has its own unique situations and challenges that can cause complications when faced with an emergency event. We work with clients to identify, evaluate and make recommendations for any hazards, risks or vulnerabilities their community may face.
Areas of support:
- Pandemic Support, including the development of plans, procedures and systems to keep staff and clients safe and organizations operational
- Flood Planning, including the development of flood response plans, incident action plans and onsite flood emergency response and management
- Incident Response, including acting within an Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) in any capacity
- Disaster Recovery Plans, including development of disaster recovery plans, disaster recovery teams, leading disaster recovery and disaster recovery pre-planning
- After Action Reviews analyzing incident response and recovery, and providing collaborative feedback following disaster response, training sessions and other events
Emergency Management Training and Exercises
We work with clients to develop training and exercise plans for emergency management staff and volunteers. We can work together to inform, educate and care for community members both in their work, and in the self-care and mental health work crucial to longevity and resilience in the field.
Principal, Clear Sky Consulting Ltd.
250.231.7526 | email@example.com
688 Forrest Drive, Trail, BC V1R 2H6